Thursday, November 10, 2011

Intro to Hero/Villain Playoff Challenge- Part II

Its been a while since this...

I love Grudge Matches. I don't know what it is, but I enjoy theoretical fights, or team ups between fictional characters. And since I seemed to find a few kindred spirits on Flickr, in the summer of 2009 I started a massive playoff bracket, as seen below. The rules were simple: A team of a hero and their greatest villain (i.e. Batman and the Joker; Captain Kirk and Khan) were pitted against others to see who would come out number one. (For the record, the winner can be found here. Also, click here if you would like to see the master bracket, with links to all the matches)

Well, its been over two years, and I'm ready for round 2. Its time for "The Hero/Villain Playoff Challenge- Part II (Or, HV-II, as I'll be abbreviating it). As before, four divisions will be represented: Comics, Movies/TV, Video Games, and Animation. Eight teams have been selected, and they will be revealed shortly (Just a few character summaries to write up, then its go time).

Soon, I'll be posting the rules for HV-II, which have been slightly altered. As well as the four new "Domes" (Artificial arenas built on the moon for just such battles) built specifically for this playoff. (Again, to see the old ones, click hereherehere, and here)

Voting will be allowed on this blog, and on the links to the matches from my Facebook account. This will be the first time I'll use another site besides for Flickr for this. Hoping for the best, and I hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment